Are there any liberal Christian denominations that tend not to have a liturgical style or worship?

I checked out a Lutheran church today, and the worship style reminded me of being at Catholic mass. I like the contemporary style of a lot of fundie churches, minus the fundamentalism please. I live in Dearborn, MI, if anyone happens to personally know of a liberal church in my area that has a contemporary style of worship.

kasaloso

Asked by kasaloso at 7:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You probably attended an LCMS Lutheran Church, which is very old-school and conservative. Try an ELCA Lutheran church, some are very contemporary and free. Otherwise, look up "community church" or "free church" in your yellow pages, and you should be able to come across some. Good luck!

PS. LCMS stands for Lutheran Church of the Missouri Synod, and ELCA stands for Evangelical Lutheran Church of America...they are very different. Even some ELCA's are more liberal than others. Each Lutheran church you look up should have those letters by the name, so you know.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 7:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Try different non-denominational churches... You might find a church that feels right.. but in a good church there will be liberals and conservatives in the same church.. church should not be about politics... it should be about God....
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Thanks. Don't non-denominational churches tend to be fundamentalist though?
    kasaloso

Comment by kasaloso (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• try the unitarian church! they have a christian undertone but preach simplistically. Be nice and helpful, dont judge, the importance of family, all the basics really any religion and spiritual path teaches one way or another. Many different beliefs attend the church because it is so open minded. I grew up going to a presbyterian church and it was pretty open minded also. I grew up with the reverends kids and they are very nature-based parents now.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2011