Downsize pictures

Hi Moms

I am trying to upload pictures on craigslist.org but it is taking forever to upload and it says to make them smaller with a software program for a faster upload.

How do I do that? Please help!!!!!!

No idea where this question belongs, sorry :(

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Open your photo with paint
    -- Right click on the photo, choose "Open with" option and then choose "Paint" from the options given.

Choose the "Resize" option (upper left of the menu bar)

Resize by percentage to keep the photo proportions - try 50% and see what it looks like.

Save the photo with a new name (you can add a number to the end of the current name, anything to create a new file name).

Try to upload the new photo, if it's still too large, resize it again.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Thanks scout mom, I will try that.
    bratgirln1

Comment by bratgirln1 (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You're welcome. If you need more help, let me know. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Sometimes this will not work. Simply changing the size of the picture may not necessarily change the amount of spaced needed to save it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I use tinypic.com to re-size any pictures I have. When you upload your picture then click to edit them afterwards to re-size. 

You don't have to have an account with them.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• If you have windows photo gallery just open the picture there and choose fix there is an option that let you choose if the picture is for an email a website or other it will shrink the size in mb or your picture even if you don't see a change in the screen because like jade said the size that you see on the screen is not the same as the amount of memory used to save it.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• make a photobucket account it's free, them edit the pic til it is smaller there then upload to craiglist.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2011