Has anyone else taken in 5 siblings from a relative?

I have adopted 2 siblings from my brother a few years ago. Now 3 more full blooded siblings have been removed and I am being asked to take them as well. Anyone else have a large family they adopted or have been given custody of by the courts?

9inthefamily

Asked by 9inthefamily at 7:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Adoption

• God bless you....thats alot for you to take on
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think you are awesome for even thinking about it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Not me but I think that is awesome of you to even consider. I would do it if it were me.
    iHay

Answer by iHay at 8:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• How do you manage it?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I do have a friend who took in 3- she loved every moment of it.... If you think you can handle it- go for it!!!! And if you can't I think it's perfectly understandable!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You should talk to Carla in the adoption group. She has a very large family, some adopted some not. Two of her children were born to the same mother.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 11:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• No, but God bless you for keeping those children together.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No I haven't That is so good that the children's can stay together. I would if one of my family need me to.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• My husband's bio father did. BIG MISTAKE. because they have so many kids in that house already and they're idiots. I think those kids were better off with the drunk mother. She was home, she provided for them, she just wasn't nurturing. No abuse, she just wasn't a soccer mom. Way better than living with the guy that mooches off the government and neighbors and abuses pain pills.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 6:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2011