Whats the difference? adult content

What is the difference between a PERSON inside or outside the womb? Im not judging but would like to know why murder is a felony of a human being but a fetus isnt. I really dont want to hear the "its my body" argument. Just please explain to me the diff between killing a human and killing a fetus.

This ? is about curiousity! Im not judging AT aLL and if you cant answer without bashing then please dont answer.

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I don't think there is that much of a difference...that's why I'm pro-life. People can call a fetus a clump of cells, a parasite...whatever they'd like to justify abortion...but I know, as a mother myself, that my son was a lot more than that when he growing inside of me. He was a LIFE.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• 1. At first, it's a clump of cells. 2. The fully-grown, autonomous person who is giving life to a fetus takes priority over the potential person that a fetus is.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Until the child is born,its seen as part of the woman

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The one I don't understand is that if someone kills a pregnant woman, they are charged with 2 counts of murder regardless of how far along the woman was.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 8:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Good question!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think, people who think abortion is ok think that a fetus is not a human yet.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It is my belief that a baby is a person when it can have thoughts of its own. Inside the womb this happens as early 6 weeks. I feel if you have a condition or a situation that may have caused an unplanned pregnancy. You should know that you need to look for this or have taken plan B. That being said I would never assume that my opinion should be willed on anyone else.
    mamamom431

Answer by mamamom431 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• For me, if a person who is planning on terminating her pregnancy is injured or killed, and her fetus is injured in the process, then yes it is also a crime in addition to injuring the woman. A woman choose to terminate her pregnancy in a medical clinic. It was not the right of the person who injured that woman to make the choice for her.  Only she can determine when the pregnancy should end.  Not another person intending to also physicallyharm her.  Providing a safe medically supported environment is different than a gun man shooting you down or a drunk driver running into your car. 

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• And if this is personal then again..dont answer
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• there really isn't killing is killing...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011