OMG i just got home from a babysitting interview.....

I just got home it was 3 hours long. They really only asked like 5 questions(she asked alot on the phone the day before in a 40 min. convo). I have never heard of an interview lasting that long. She was really talking to her older son (16) most of the time and I was just playing with her kids. She told me she has another interview set up with someone else tomorrow. I really hope I got the job. Its only for 3 days a week but I so need the money. Do you think she really would have kept me that long if she wasn't going to hire me???? PS. I was the one that finally got up and said well I guess I will let yall eat yall supper lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well it sounds like she was having you entertain the kids so she could observe you and see you you were with them, and for the kids to get to know you. I would take the 3 hrs as a good sign - meaning if she was not sure about you or did not think you were right for the job she would have ended it much earlier. I wish you luck and hope you get the job!!!

good luck

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i hope you get the job also. she probably wanted to see how the children interacted with you and how it all went. 3hrs. wow that is a long time.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• That's a little weird! I hope after all that you get it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It sounds like she wanted the kids to get used to you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Awesome--Good Luck....She would not have kept u that long .. if she didnt like you! :)
    swtlilwamom

Answer by swtlilwamom at 8:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• we did this when we found our sitter, we had her come over and she played with the kids and we threw together a situation that would happen in day to day life, ie husband got called to the range and iwas left with 3 kids laundry to do dinner to cook baths to give, 3 kids screaming for me. she stayed and acctually helps me and she got the job. ironically shes now one of my good freinds and we hang out all the time. i still pay her money from time to time to help me with the kids.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 8:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Sounds positive to me GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i'm sure you did great!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Send a thank you note, if you have not already done so. And good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It sounds like she wanted to see how well you got along with the kids. What better way to interview you than with the kids if she already did the verbal stuff on the phone. Good luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011