What has your child done that made you proud lately?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 8:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 2 year old counted to 100 by herself i guess my random counting really works
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 8:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• my 2 year old whos in speech therapy has been mimicing things and singing latly ! you can tell that hes trying soooo hard to talk, and he will mimic tv shows and u can hear him singing a tune just the words are not clear yet. hes doing so great !
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 8:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• While we were at the grocery store an older man knocked over a display of knorr rice and DS asked me if he could go help him pick them up..... I said yes of course.

Amazingly he was the only one who helped even the employees at the store walking right by.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My DD has learned to say no mommy and yes mommy (plus a for more words that help me understand what she wants) when responding to me and to pick up her toys...weird i know. She is getting so independent and so big on me! Very proud mommy here!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My son made the academic and citizenship honor rolls for the second grade period in a row!! YAAYY! What makes it more special is that he's a special needs child(autism) and his social skills really aren't as good as a typical child. He works very hard, and he was so proud of himself when he brought his report card home!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My son moved the cat to be able to lay on the bed. I know this sounds weird, but for us it is big, after the day he has had. He has not been nice at all today, lol. He came out and told me he moved her, I said o.k. good job, now go to sleep please. I heard her bell go off so I went to check on them and he was petting her. I again told him great job, but I took her back with me so he'd actually sleep.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 8:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• ds had a pee accident, I called his name, he ran to the bathroom holding the rest in and finished on the toilet :) he earned himself a thomas and friends sticker!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My DD gave me 4 healthy Gr-chd . Other than that, mine all all grown now.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My boys are so polite! They've been making it a point to share with each other, say please and thank you, help out around the house and say "excuse me" when they bump into people in public (which they do often, LOL)
    ellemenope

Answer by ellemenope at 9:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My son cooked his own breakfast the other day all on his own and cleaned up all on his own, including washing the fry pan & putting the rest of his dishes in the dishwasher. He made himself one egg, sunnys side up, reheated a slice of turkey bacon and cut & toasted himself a slice of bread. He is 15, but has special needs, and this is a big deal for him to be able to do, as it is a life skill.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011