dating again..I need some advice

I met this guy online. We emailed for a week or so, sent texts and talked once a few days before or first date. When we talked on the phone, he seemed to talk about himself and his life for most of the time. We met in person last Friday. It seemed to be going well except he didn't ask me any questions about me. I felt like I kept the conversation going but I felt like he was bored. We were sitting at the bar and he even leaned back in his stool so far I had to turn all the way around in my chair just to see him. Later when we said goodnight he was a gentleman and we parted. I sent a text telling him thanks for the evening and he said he got the vibe that I wasn't having fun. I told him the same about him. He also commented on how I didn't give him a kiss goodnight. I told him I thought he wasn't interested so y would I kiss him. So he asked me out for next Saturday but I have mixed feelings if I want to go. Any advice? He said he wasn't nervous but I don't want to have tohold up both our sides of the conversation.

amotherof1

Asked by amotherof1 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• perhaps the reason he is single?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• tough call
    one hand you were not impressed
    and sounds like he was not either
    so why do it again?
    2nd date could be better, most likely not, but no harm in a 2nd look
    (except-do not make excuses for him, or lackof interest-sometimes it is not there between two)
    at least he was not a total jerk, or all hands scary, but also not maybe the right one for each other
    it is just a date, so go for it a 2nd time
    can learn some stuff (sounds like you are just getting back into dating, so thinkof as practice for the next one
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yeah I'd give him another chance and let him hold the conversation

Answer by admckenzie at 9:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• when I let him hold the conversation we had nothing but silence...so I felt I had to come up with another question.
    amotherof1

Comment by amotherof1 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You're surprised that a man you met on an online dating site has social problems? Welcome to online dating, where the majority of men you'll meet have social problems.

And "You didn't kiss me goodnight" is code for "I didn't see you naked."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2011