Grandparents' House Sounds?

What sounds do you remember from your hours or days you spent over at your grandparents' houses?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 9:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Creaky floor boards up and down stairs!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• What I thought was a 'monster' on the roof trying to get in turned out to be a familiy of Raccoons that walked along the ridge line in between two trees on either end of the house.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The creaky floorboards and the cars driving by from time to time.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 9:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• my grannys stairs have a certain sound when you walk up and down on them. and it has a certain smell...just a granny house smell that I love..in fact I have just come home from there....
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• the ceiling light in the room we slept in always had a weird sound coming out if it....like a faint buzzing....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The chiming of the clock on top of the piano.I loved visiting my Grandma and Grandpa.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I never heard any weird sounds at my grandmothers house- maybe, b/c she was the most spotless woman i have ever knew- Every Single Thing had it's place!! but, the Shed in her backyard used to Freak me Out- It was Scary for some reason..........LOL!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The sound of Memaw making breakfast and listening to the local radio station..th cars that would drive by,..the screen door slamming when my grandpa would go out to feed his dogs, and the screen door slamming again when my grandma would go outside to do yardwork or feed her cat.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My grandmother's coo coo clock. It I could here it tick tock all night, and then of course the little bird would pop out and coo coo every hour.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2011