Need some help from charting mommas

I have been charting for around 3 years so I'm not new to this but I am having an issue.

i am going thru a bout of insomnia so I only get around 2 hours of sleep at a time before I wake up restless and then it takes another hour to get back to sleep. Meds make me really groggy the next day so I don't take them.

When I try to take my BBT, it's all over the place because my body has not had time to get to resting temp. How in the world can I see if I'm ovulating (without test strips)? I know that I'm fertile by mucous and position but no idea if I am ovulating...

Oh and I really need to figure this out since I am 9 days late, cramping, and NOT pregnant...I need to figure out when I'm ovulating since I'm NOT trying to get pregnant.
Thanks!

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The best advice I can offer is to treat each fertile patch as THE fertile patch, use protection, and take a test two weeks later if your period doesn't show. I had that problem when working 3rd shift with a baby (who of course was an early waker), but thankfully my cervical mucus was reliable most of the time.

And for the record, OPKs won't tell you whether you're ovulating any more than mucus and position, just that your body is preparing for it. The ONLY thing that proves ovulation (besides medical procedure like ultrasound) is BBT.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• have you tried the charting site fertility friend? it's free.... i use it faithfullY!
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It doesn't do me any good since I cannot get a BBT. BBT is the only thing that will tell me when I am ovulating. Since my cycle seems to be off (irregular) a site won't help me

BUT, Thanks for the response!
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Thanks DragonriderMD. I was hoping for something but I expected to get an answer like yours. Ah well. We'll just have to hope for the best.

Oh and thanks for the info on OPK's. I've never used them, no need. But, I didn't know that.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2011