my daughter is so upset because she has no friends and she pregant and before she got pregant she had all the friends in the world

tammy372011

Asked by tammy372011 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I had the same experience. I was 20 when I became pregnant, and I had only one friend who stuck around. So I was a little lucky.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• it happens. she will make new mommy friends.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Me too and I waited until I was 30. But I already knew that most of my 'friends' would move on since motherhood is a different road than what they were travelling.

I don't think that most girls realize that their 'friends' aren't really friends and they move on when your lifestyle changes. They still want to guy watch, party, and hang out. Pregnancy changes things. It's not their fault and it's not hers...it just is the way life is.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Some teenagers are immature and think if they hang around her they might get pregnant or they find it an embarrassment to have a pregnant friend,
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It's times like these when you find out who your real friends are. Sadly, they are few and far between.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 9:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• She will find new friends that are mommys too, and it doesn't sound like they were really her friends if they just deserted her like that.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• well, that's life. it's easier to have a social life when you don't have a responsibility
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It happens, especially to younger moms. I got pregnant at 17 but I already had 4 other friends who were mommys, I lost a few friends but after becoming a mom I realized I didn't need those friends anyway. Eventually she will make new friends.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011