When to sleep in there own room?

My baby is three four months old in a week. She still sleeps in my room next to my bed. We have her room all set up, but I just feel she is still to young to be in her own room. I still wake up many times a night and check to see if shes breathing. How old is too old for my daughter to sleep in my room next to my bed?

Glouii

Asked by Glouii at 9:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some people start them out in their own rooms. I think it is up to you and your comfort level with it.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I meant to say some co sleep till adolescents! I know right but ...
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It depends on what you're comfortable with. My first slept next to my bed until 10 months old, and I was a bit teary-eyed putting him in his own room even then, despite the fact that he was sleeping through the night fine and had no problems at all with the transition. (He's 3.5 years now, and I still have a monitor in his room...and I still get a little paranoid if he goes too long without making some kind of noise.) My second is 21 months and still sleeps in my room (mostly because she still wakes up at night to nurse). You do what you feel is right in your situation. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• We put my DD in her own room at 4 months - our room had AC so we kept her there until the hottest part of the summer was over, and her room was pretty far from ours. When my DS came along we were in a different house (central AC) and his room was close to ours so he went in his room straight away and we used the baby monitor. It really depends on what your comfortable with. We really did like DS being in his room straight away though... I think he even slept better!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• depending on how muh money u want to spend, they have baby monitor's that has cameras with them. My daughter slept in her own room when we brought her home. But her room is right next to ours. We have to walk thru her room when we go to bed at night!! We are trying to get our other door to work, or she will hate that when she gets older!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I kept my dd in my bedroom, first in her bassinett then in her crib, until she was almost 7 months old. And she only moved in to her own room because dh had come home from being deployed and we needed our alone time. If you aren't comfortable with your LO in their own room, then it isn't time for them to move.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• As soon as we had a room for her own..about 7 months. She never co slept. Just her own crib.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My son will be 3 years old next month & he sleeps in his own room, & on a bed.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2011