why is it when you work and you suffer to make ends meet and you cant get no help from the goverment

tammy372011

Asked by tammy372011 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sucks doesn't it? The government is more willing to help people who aren't trying then the ones whoa re actually trying.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I so agree! I am always told i make tooo much! Well tell me where it is?!?!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You to huh? Yeah we're to rich to be poor but to poor to make ends meet.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 9:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• agreed...
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• We are the working poor, I can pay the bills but then there's the need to eat and that always comes last. I wish I could get the extreme couponing figured out.
    chrissy2828

Answer by chrissy2828 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Us as well. I thought that is what the system was made for; people who worked and did their part but had trouble and not for people who do nothing and live off the goverment.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It's hard isn't it? You've just got to learn to help yourself now. Check out Dave Ramsey's book Total Money Makeover. There's a lot of information in there on getting out of debt. Think about it- if you had no payments except for a mortgage could you make it? Even middle class without Government help? For most of us the answer is yes... so it's worth giving it a shot.

Good luck.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I understand what you mean. My Sister is a Single Mom who works for the Welfare Office, barely gets by. We all help her as much as we can, but she still needs help. She makes too much money to get any help. She sees her Clients live a better lifestyle than she has sometimes. It's pretty crazy...

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Corporate America, and their shills in government, hates the middle class. Look for this book at your local library:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1576754634/ref=nosim/thomhartmann/

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on Jan. 17, 2011