How many Moms with adult children

Always make a huge Sunday dinner because you never know which ones are going to show up after Church?

oldermomof5

Asked by oldermomof5 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Not me. My kids never show up now that they moved out of state

Answer by admckenzie at 10:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Not here. I cook for special times such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays etc. Other than that Sunday is a day of rest for me. Besides if they do show up how many restaurants did they pass on the way there? There are times when I go to my Mother's on Sunday, she's 84 years old and I would never expect her to cook. If the family shows up and we're hungry then we go out to eat or go pick up something and bring it back. Maybe next Sunday they can bring you something to eat or take you out. :-)
    remomingit

Answer by remomingit at 10:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I don't make a huge meal but I do cook a larger meals twice a week as we have family suppers on Sunday and Wednesday and our son who lives close by comes both days and our adopted daughter & her daughter come on Wednesdays. When our 19yo is home from college he eats with us every night as does our soldier son when he's home on leave.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:36 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Most of the time I make a big dinner. The only time I dont is when I have to work on Sundays.
    1221mom

Answer by 1221mom at 8:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have three! and I never make dinner on weekends, they come during the week to eat numerous times....

Answer by older at 8:27 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• sunday is the big dinner out here i have 3 adults kids at home 1 in b.c the other 1hr who does not drive but i keep in touch
    every monday night
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I went through that scenario when my 3 sons were in college. It about drove me crazy. Now that they have all graduated from college, they are all living in different areas of the country. So I don't have to worry about that unless they all come for a visit at the same time. then I never know who will be at the table.
    mamagoose524

Answer by mamagoose524 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• not I...they always call a day before hand to make sure it is ok to come by.
    Anonymous

• My kids are grown and two live out of state. My daughter moved back and she likes cooking for her self.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2011