I AM calling my doc in the morning, but in the meantime...HELP! adult content

This is not an emergency situation. But it's weird.

Okay. I think I've been ovulating today (timing's a little off, but the pain was just like any other month). I haven't been feeling well, period, today, so I haven't been eating or drinking like normal, and I took a 3 hour nap. I just went to the bathroom, and when I wiped, there was the typical slime that goes with ovulating, but there was also some pink on the tp. I am NOT a spotter. There is NO chance of being pregnant (haven't had sex in months). But then when I stood up and went to flush, I noticed that my urine was odd colored - not really red, more like an amber-ish (last time that happened was when I had my appendix out!). I assume it was my urine that was that color, anyway, as I did not have a bm. I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary lately, and have only had water plus a little tea & coffee to drink the last few days.

Soooo...should I worry? Or just start chugging water and see what morning (and the phone call to the doc) brings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Health

• Just rest and have water and tea,let me know when u see the doctor tomorrow. U can message me if u want.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Urinary tract infection, most likely. Blood in the urine is the number one indicator, and pretty normal with a UTI. They'll put you on antibiotics. You might start to experience pain when urinating, and then the need to urinate more. Drinking a lot of water will help, even though you'll NOT want to drink a lot of water if it starts to burn. But the less water you drink, the worse the burning will get (if it starts). It is possible to have a UTI with blood w/o burning, although it isn't likely. You can drink a ton of water, which will make you feel better, but I don't know if it'll throw off your results tomorrow. Just don't chug a bunch an hour before your appt.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 10:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Cranberry juice helps get rid of a uti as well as preventing them.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• PS. Drinking a lot of water will flush the blood out (dilute it) but that doesn't mean the UTI is cured. It is typical to see pink on your TP and amber in the toilet with a UTI. Blood in the urine usually means the infection has progressed, so definitely see your doctor in the morning. Can you tell I've had a UTI before, and my mom is a registered nurse? haha
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 10:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I've had UTIs before too...and this doesn't seem like it. I have none of the typical (for me) symptoms. The only pain is in my right ovary area. could it have been a cyst? Would that cause my urine to be off-colored?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Weird...no back pain at all? I haven't heard of a cyst causing this, but maybe! Keep us posted with what you find.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 11:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Well, yes, some back pain, but I just started a new job this past week and my lower back has been strained from that (went to the chiro on Wed). Hasn't gotten any worse, it's actually getting better. My hip area hurts, but that's normal for me during ovulation (I get just as bad of cramps when I ovulate as when I have my period).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• If it is a UTI, you'd have back pain because of the kidneys, if blood is present in the urine. I hope you get answers in the morning. Best of luck!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 1:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Cranberry juice does not get rid of UTI's, but it will help prevent them. I would just rest until you see the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I ended up calling my FIL to take me to the ER at 4am - woke up in excruciating pain. Turns out to be a kidney stone! And yes, they hurt worse than giving birth!!! (stone is 2.8mm, my biggest baby was 9lbs 8oz, had her with no pain meds!).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011