should i potty train her

my daughter is seventeen months. she tore of her diaper and squated and urinated on the floor and got up. Is this a sign for potty training. I have been getting mixed answers need a vet mommy to help.

sierra_617

Asked by sierra_617 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son, around 18 or 19 months told me he wanted to go, got out of the bath, sat on the potty and went...he was also taking his diapers off in the crib...so I started training him.

Toddlers are at least 18 months before their little bodies truely develop the ability to "hold it" so starting now is a great idea. As she grows, get a little more serious about it.

Something no one told me about training is that regression is normal. They can be doing well for weeks, and then all of a sudden just quit going in the potty and having accidents. Just roll with the punches. Follow HER lead. Afterall, it is HER mind and body. I say go for it! At this age, I would only worry about day time training and forego the nap and night training. Not much chance of her being able to hold it all night.
    MamaCass07

Answer by MamaCass07 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• it shows a sign that you probably start my daughter is a year old and every time i change her or get her ready for her bath and first thing in the morning i put her on her pot but if she is taking her diaper off and then peeing get her on that pot i have two teens also my daughter was potty trained by the time she was a year and my son was harder but yea get her started
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2008