sensitive skin

i have severly sensitive skin but i need a good moisturizer for my face it is so dry i use lotion at times but it is to heavy and greasy and can clog my pores does any one have any suggestions?

lillymom828

Asked by lillymom828 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Shea butter. Olive oil. Arbonne or Melaleuca products. Products that actually say 'non-comedogenic' on the label. Products without parabens, or petroleum products...

You may like to use a gentle chemical peel: plain natural yogurt is great for skin... mix it with a bit of honey and some finely ground oatmeal and some olive oil and you've got a luscious, natural, sensitive-skin treatment.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I use Aveeno ulta calming facial lotion. I have very sensitive skin too and this works great for me.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Neutrogena , they even make a sensitive skin formula.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 6:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I use Oil of olay products. i like the age deying and the definity moisturizer. i find that things with spf in them sting my skin so i avoid them. I exfoliate with a peach scrub from st. ives and I use a cleanser from oil of olay or cetapil. My favorite is the definity cream it feels luxurous on my face.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 6:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have very oily skin & the same problem.
    I have been using Oil of Olay for sensitive combination oily skin & has SPF15 also. I love it & its been the best light creme for me. I tried the Total Affects creme from OOO but it was too rich & heavy for me.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• olay complete defensefor sensitive skin, they sell it at target for around $13
    NickiSue

Answer by NickiSue at 6:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have a big problem with my eyes watering from moisturizers. I have found a couple that seem to work without causing me to tear up. One is a moisturizer from Merle Norman called Luxiva Delicate Balance. It is for sensitive skin. I recently tried a night cream and eye cream from Costco and that is not causing me a problem. However, my sensitive eyes may not work the same for your sensitive skin. The night cream and eye cream were in a package together. It is Age-Defying Restorative Night Cream and Age-Defying Restorative Eye Cream (both have a Costco distribution label on the bottom. These two creams from Costco and the first hydrating moisturizer from Merle Norman both run close to $30 so it is not cheap. I have used Olay and Lancome in the past and they cause me to tear up now. I don't know why that has changed but it has, either for me or in the fragrances or whatever in the creams. I use all 3 when I remember.
    Sweet_Carol_126

Answer by Sweet_Carol_126 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Fortunately, I can use any kind of moisiturizer so I've used many. Right now I'm using one by Mary Kay which is not greasy at all. It is Mary Kay Intensifying Moisture Cream and comes in a jar. So if you haven't tried this one yet, contact a rep. in your area and ask for a sample because I think it's a little expensive. Another alternative is to go to this site called Nature's Beauty Secrets by Dawn Gallagher and ask her. She is a mom and a professional model who is an advocate of natural, home remedies which sh has researched with women all over the world.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2011