Movies for kids

Do you allow your children, under the age of 13, to watch PG-13 rated movies? If so, with or without you in the room?

SandyHack

Asked by SandyHack at 11:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Entertainment

• I do, my 12-yr-old daughter watches PG movies with her older siblings all the time. She has been for a few years. My 9yo twins are also starting to show interest in scary movies right now.. I don't mind them watching these movies. My 9yo boy was watching a scary movie the other day and when he realised it was to scary for him to sit through, he just left the room and moved on with his life!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 11:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes I do...without me. As long as I have seen the movie before. We don't have cable or satellite. They only have DVDs to watch and I have seen all of them. There are even some R rated movies I let them watch. They are 6 and 7.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• We watch movies together. If it has anything I don't want my youngest to see he has to leave the room and go watch one of his own movies. My kids are 13,15 & 17. He watches Pg-13 and R but I have to watch the R rated ones first to decide whether he is allowed to see it or not. We have Netflix and no cable. So I know what is being watched.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 3:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes, but no R movies, yet. Mine are 12 and 10. We have Netflix and DVDs but no TV reception, so I know and have usually already seen everything they watch. They tend to want stuff like Spiderman 3 or documentaries or TV dvds, so there's not a whole lot to object to.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:46 AM on Jan. 17, 2011