Coupons

Are any of you ladies super couponers? Where can I learn this amazing skill?

surfngirl

Asked by surfngirl at 11:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Shopping

• Wow, am I ever not.... I clip coupons, and forget to take them with me, or lose them for years... not nearly organized enough to take advantage, but then I don't buy most of what is so overpriced manufacturers will lure people with coupons anyhow...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I suggest joining this group- http://www.cafemom.com/group/112383

They have helped me tremendously with coupons, making household cleaners, etc. The first thing that I would do is find a way to organize your coupons that you find is best for your situation. I prefer to have a notebook with baseball card inserts. I then label the inserts (produce, frozen, health and beauty, etc). I sort my coupons and put them in a baseball card slot of the appropriate category. I also have a folder in the notebook that I keep ads and circulars for the week as well as coupons that I have no need for or that have expired so that I can send them to army posts overseas (they can use expired coupons 6 months after the expiration). Cont..

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Cont... I only use coupons when the item is on sale. For example, I went to Kroger tonight and they had a special on Kellogg's cereal buy 4 for $10. Also, when you buy 4 participating Kellogg's products you were eligible to receive 2 gallons of free milk. I also had a coupon for Kellogg's cereal $2 off 2 boxes. So, for $8, I have 4 boxes of cereal and 2 gallons of milk. Original price- $19, so that is a savings of $11. There was also a sale on Pillsbury biscuits for $1 each. I had a coupon for 75 cents off three, so my total savings with the sale plus coupons was $2.70. Anyways, I tend to find the best deals and sales on http://www.southernsavers.com/ and http://www.thethriftymama.com/ .

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• There are many coupon websites on facebook! Just type in coupons and you will get a huge list of websites, pages and groups!

I have a coupon for baby bedding and nursery decor. It is a online store coupon code is FB0110%

shirl16

Answer by shirl16 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hip2Save.com - the owner will teach you how to get the most bang out of your buck!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:25 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• You may enjoy Deals Power for some rocking deals.

Howtoaholic

Answer by Howtoaholic at 8:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2011