People keep saying that I won't care if I accidently

go number two while giving birth but I'm still so scared that it will happen! My husband likes to think that girls don't do anything gross (of course he knows, but we just don't talk about it because it's not necessary). He never does anything gross either, I've only heard him burp and honestly it's pretty cute haha. So how can I avoid this? I've heard that while you're in labor you have diariah anyway so how is there extra in there?

Please help I'm literally dreading this.

ours

Asked by ours at 9:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you're that worried you can ask for an enema before....if you get to the hospital in time. Or you can do one at home before you go to the hospital.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Can you buy enemas to take at home before? If so where would you get that? I just barely found out what that was.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I had two children...and NEVER went number two. It doesn't always happen!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 9:49 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Don't worry about it, even if it does happen. You won't know it! The nurse will take care of it before anybody else notices!
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 9:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• people are right. you will not care if you go number 2 during your delivery. if its there and in the way it needs to come out so the baby can get past. the only problem with an enema is you do not know when it will work or how much.
    Kifole

Answer by Kifole at 10:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i was worried about it too. not nearly that bad, but by the time it comes to pushing, you dont care you just want to have your baby in your arms..... and like others have said you can take an enema, you can get them at walgreens, or ask your dr. they will have no problem giving you them. and some women never do, and some do but never find out. and your hubby wont care as soon as he sees that beautiful child you have just given birth to.. hell forget all about it. (( if it even happens to you)) GL
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• HA HA HA!! I was sooo gassy when I was in labor, I was so embarrassed. But the drs and nurses have seen it all. My hubby likes to remind me about how I pooped when I was delivering his babies. Its no big deal though. The bottom part of the bed breaks away and they have a trough that catches the birth muck so your stuff goes there.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have had 4 babies and I've never heard of diarrhea during delivery.  Not to say it doesn't happen, just that I haven't heard of it! lol  I have no idea if I had a BM during delivery or not!  It was never mention by anyone including my husband.  I was worried about it too! but it turned out to be a waste of energy!

amydh

Answer by amydh at 1:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• have ur husband stay up by u, hold ur hand, talk to u. unless he really reallly wants to watch whats happening down there, he doesnt need to see it. my husband doesnt like blood so he wont be staring down there. u can have a blanket across ur knees. just tell ur nurses not to announce it if u do, just clean it up and thats that no one will have to know. u will be pushing so hard that anything that needs to come out will and u probably wont even feel it. ur husband should be mature enough to know that while ur trying to push his baby out of u, other things are gonna happen.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2008