HELP! I need to fall asleep...

But I just can't =( I have too much crap on my mind, including my ex & how he totally just dropped me for another female ''/ All I keep thinking about is him & her...blah blah blah! On top of it my legs are KILLING me from dancing on Friday night, they are still soooo sore. (okay, so i'm kinda venting, but i need someone to talk to)

What helps you fall asleep? Reading is out of the question lol

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Health

• aww...i have been through this same situation....you need to try your best not to think about it...take a long hot bubble bath with some candles and music and just unwind then lay in bed if you are a tv at bed time lady then just turn it on really low and try to fall assleep if that dosent work try some kind of pm med. and maybe look into going to a counslor or psyc. dr....message me if you need to tlak to someone i am all ears..good luck
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Turning off the computer for starters lol! I here you! My best friend is Tylenol pm!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Hypnosis tapes can help a lot --you can download podcasts, if you have an ipod to listen to them on.

Meditation is what I do. Just gently and firmly return my thoughts to what I want to think about: the comfort of my covers... how my toes currently feel (if that doesn't bore you into sleep, nothing can), my breathing, what I'm grateful for and appreciate, etc.

Meditators with thousands of hours experience get to do exactly what novices have to do: gently and firmly, continuously, return their thoughts to what they choose to think about. The need for practice doesn't go away with years of practice, anymore than pro football players can quit practicing 'cause they're paid.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Well, your mind is going to race with this for awhile. That's the way it is. Definitely turn off the electronics before bed for at least an hour. Maybe lay in bed with dim light and read for a bit to take your mind off of stuff.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Turn on the History channel, that def. works for me, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Try melatonin it won't help tonight but it is a over the counter sleep supplement. We used to use for our teen son after football, school and social life when he could'nt slow thing down.
    For tonight IDK hang out here on CM.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2011