What are the copyright laws when using graphics for signatures on cafemom?

How do I find out what the copyright rules are that cafemom has for using graphics and other thing when making Siggies and Tags on cafemom?

CountryMomma123

Asked by CountryMomma123 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in About CafeMom

• The laws are pretty clear: if you didn't make it yourself, unless you know for sure you have been expressly given permission to use it, you have no right to copy it for any use at all.

What are you thinking of using? Few people will bother enforcing copyright when no commercial gain can be expected... but it's still copyright infringement, and whether or not to do anything about it is up to the owner (and some are bizarre and will chase the smallest infraction to the highest court)
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• In one of my group there are a few ladies are tring to find out what cafemom has to say about the copyright rules as far as using free poser tubes and any other free graphics.
    CountryMomma123

Comment by CountryMomma123 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Most free graphic sites will include the conditions by which their graphics can be used - in general, they allow use that is not for commercial gain, and that credit is included to the source (meaning you click the picture it goes to their website, or the website is included on the graphic). Then, as long as you aren't selling the sigs, but just using them for your personal use, you are ok. But, like I said, that's an "in general". You need to check with the specific site you want to get them from.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Contact Cafemom. I also agree with NotPanicking's answer.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:13 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I know all about that rules and copyrights from other sites where we get the tubes from, but there is also a copyright law for groups here on cafemom about using the poser tubes as well. That is what I am lloking for.
    CountryMomma123

Comment by CountryMomma123 (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011