A baby

my co-worker is having a lil girl and I have been invited to her shower. I've only known her for 3 months. My question is : Do you think that spending more than $35 is too much. I was planning on buying a baby bouncer or something besides diapers and wipes. I want my gift to last for a while. I thought about clothing and couldn't really find a cute outfit because she doesn't want any cartoon characters. I also thought about bottles, but she may not use playtex. I'm kinda stuck a little so any suggestions will also be appreciated.

kina803

Asked by kina803 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am in the same situation u r. I am going to a managers baby shower on Sunday and she is having a boy. I am thinking about getting things that people won't think about getting like diapers,wipes,baby clippers,scratch mittens,powder,baby lotion, and baby shampoo. Also a little garbage can for those diaper changes. Also booties and onesies. I have been to alot of baby showers and I have never seen the mom-to-be get any of these things.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think a bouncy seat is a good idea. Do you know if shes registered for one? Or maybe its something she didnt think about and it would make a good gift. Or maybe you could get a baby bath rub and fill it with things like bath towls and washclothes and some soaps and powders and lotions.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Give what you wanna give. There are no rules to giving gift. Give from the heart and have a great time.
    cookie_spice

Answer by cookie_spice at 11:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It really depends on how much you WANT to spend. Anything is always appreciated no matter what it is.
    surfngirl

Answer by surfngirl at 11:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think a bouncy seat is a good idea or ask her and see if she registered anywhere.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I just had my baby shower and everyone always gets clothes and blankets. I would say a swing or bouncy chair is a great idea. Or those little bebe pod seats are amazing and are around 35 dollars.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• you know what i got for my baby shower that i absolutely loved? A wicker basket with a lid and cloth lining on the inside, when my son was first born i used it for his laundry, then as he got older I used it for storage of his blankets and random things, now he is two and i put his toys in there and it looks really nice in his room without the toy box! and later on itll be for his laundry again and then...when he grows out of it..itll be mine and i can say that ive had that when i was pregnant with him. They can be expensive but target has really nice ones for pretty cheap and they come with multiple color cloth liners so you can pick one to match the room or the color of the sex of the child or buy multiple ones for her to wash and reuse.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 11:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• yeah I was thinking a bouncer, bath tub, or the little chair too because everyone always get baby clothing. I want my gift to be useful and not wasted because I have known for some moms to give baby clothing away if they didn't like it.
    kina803

Comment by kina803 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• whatever you get is fine
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2011