Lots to think about

After waiting for my genetic results to come back I found out that I am not a carrier for what my mom and grandma have. Which means we're having another baby

I am really excited and I definitely want to have another baby I just have so much going through my mind. My DH comes back in about a week from his deployment and was like great we can start trying right away, get your mirena taken out. And other than that we just haven't had a chance to talk about it.

Part of me doesn't want to be pregnant over the summer because I just lost over 20 lbs and I would like to enjoy a summer in a bikini and to not be pregnant in the summer b/c it was miserable the last time when I had my son. I also just started taking classes for school again and when I got pregnant with my son I was in spring semester of my junior year, so if i get pregnant now that means i'll be putting school on hold again. and THEN if I got pregnant right after or close to when he got home my birthday, my sons and my husbands, and the baby's birthdays would all be within like a month.

I just have so much going on and I can't wait to talk to him about it. I just had to get these thoughts out somewhere

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• If you're over about 28, you may like to stop and think about your dropping fertility instead of what day of the year you'd prefer to be pregnant or due...

The further away from 18 your body, the lower your fertility will get --taking more and more of the decision about 'when' out of your hands. Before you get wrapped up in 'when' you may need to deal with 'if'.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I hadn't really thought of that i'll be 24 this year
    Parkers_Mommy8

Comment by Parkers_Mommy8 (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I'm 24, married..with two wonderful babies. I'm in college at night time. We do want one more child, but will be waiting. No need to rush at 24. It's your body, and nine months to dedicate. You might be miserable thru the whole thing if it's something pushed on you. I understand summer pregnancies. I had one baby in august and one oct. 2,.... I live in louisiana, it is just now getting cold and will warm back up come march.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Make sure you are both ready for this. You are very young yet so no worries about your age and now that you know you are not a 'carrier' of this genetic issue that you are talking about, rest assured, this baby will be fine.
    Maybe you need to complete your goals of what you have already set out to do, then when you are finished school, you may even want to have a career first? I don't know, just thinking out loud :) But, if you truly desire to finish having your family now, then do that, and in the future, pursue and complete your schooling so that you can have that to fall back on should you choose to return to the 'working out of home' working world. I have my career first and worked full time for 7 years and am now enjoying being at home with our kids while taking care of 3 more so you never know! Good luck in making this decision. It is a very important one :)
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 11:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2011