When Did Your Teen start Driving a Car?

My kids are 16 and are not yet license to drive. I don't know when they will start. I don't want to rush into it with them. It is a bit scary for me to say the least.

I am more worried about other drivers than I am of them, they are pretty responsible. I just don't like some of the driving I see going on out there. One big concern is people driving while texting or talking on the cell phone.

What are your thoughts on teen driving?

AdrianaS

Asked by AdrianaS at 11:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My older 2 waited until they were almost 19 and 19 to get their licenses and my younger 2 were almost 18 and almost 17. The older 2 were never interested in driving and the younger 2 had to wait until they were in the 11th grade.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Mine are almost 18 and still don't drive even though I gave them a car. I want them to learn so I can send them to the grocery store. I'm with you on the texting thing though. I'd try to drum it into them that their phone needs to be off when they're driving.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2011