you have 2 cars 1 is insured and the other is not which do you drive? ( I'm thinking this does belong in relationships because it is about a man)

No brainer right?

because my dh is unemployed (seasonal) we can only afford to insure one car and that is mine because it is cheaper then his Blazer.

yet he insists on driving his blazer and not my car and he whines about having no money for gas and yet mine sits there with a half tank and he doesn't want to drive it....why.....because the blinker is out and he cannot get it fixed so he is afraid of being pulled over!

hmmmm....let's see what is worse getting pulled over with insurance or without?

is there a chance he is just brain dead?

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 12:05 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Ummm, yeah!! Why on earth can't you get a blinker fixed?? He's dumb, sorry.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• The bulb is less than $10 at any auto repair store, and it's not difficult to fix. Maybe some rearranging of finances would allow you to insure both cars?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Haha! He's too proud to drive your car, isn't he??!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• He tried to fix the blinker with different types of bulbs but he can't get it to work...he says it's a Buick that's why it won't work right...
    alotleft2do

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Did he ask at Napa or Kragen or whatever for the right bulb?? They'll look it up and give him the right bulb (or YOU can go, since he can't seem to figure it out). It's really not that hard if you know the make, model and year, and which bulb is out. Or even take in the dead bulb.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:34 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• He did look up the right part but he says it's in the wiring .... so who knows I just know it's ass backwards to drive an uninsured car when the insured one can be used instead bad turn signal or not....you loose your license if you get caught without insurance
    alotleft2do

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I live in Connecticut - here you can not legally drive a vehicle that is not insured, if a vehicle title is in your name and insurance lapses or you cancel it the insurance companies contact the DMV so if you get pulled over in an uninsured vehicle your screwed. I have no idea what the laws are in other states but even if you can legally drive an uninsured vehicle where you live it's a stupid risk to drive when you don't have insurance if he's complaining about money now what's he gonna do if he gets into an accident and wrecks his precious blazer? Ah I just noticed your post about losing your license if you get caught driving without insurance so there's two perfect reasons he should suck it up and drive your car instead of his
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:59 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

•  

I think it's more of an ego hassle. Have you tried to get a quote on the second car too if it were insured on the same policy with the first one? I think insuring two cars only adds a very minimal expense to your car insurance bill as a multi discount comes into play.

ariel.hoyle

Answer by ariel.hoyle at 7:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2011