My baby is almost 9 months old and still has a huge soft spot

Me and my best friend had our babies 7 days apart and i cant even feel his soft spot anymore. My sons soft spot is huge and dented in. It just worries me! Does anyone esle have this problem. The doctor is keepin a close eye on it. He measured his head Friday and he has the headsize of a 6 month old. But he told me its nothing to worry about just yet and he'll remeasure once he is a year. What do yall think?

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son's didn't close till after he was 2!!! I was freaked out the whole time but the doctor just kept checking it and it was slowly closing. Finally at 2, though mostly closed, they checked his thyroid because I guess that can cause it not to close normally. And he was fine. It did eventually close up, just took waaaayyyy longer then normal! Just have the doc. keep an eye on it!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My DD's took longer to close. Hers was not fully closed until closer to 15 months. If you are concerned ask the doctor but I wouldn't be worried about it at all at this point.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It will disappear sometime after his first b'day.don't worry its something quite normal
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011