Why Are Men So Blind?

I still love my ex and for the past month or so we've got along great. Him and his girlfriend broke up a couple weeks ago. She never had any time for him but made time for the things she wanted to do, jsut all around was inconsiderate. I thought he was handling it well, being as it was mutual. Well yesturday he went over her house to get the last of his things and all but broke down in tears. Then he barks at me that I don't care that its hurting him. How the hell am I supposed to know whats going on with him when he won't talk to me? Now he's being a jerk to me.

I've been here for him, been considerate, caring, and made time for him. Thats what he wants out of a relationship. So why the hell is he hung up on this woman? He thinks maybe if he had stuck it up for another week it could of worked up, but doesn't think that if he gave us another try it could work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• i think it all boils down to the fact that men will always want what they cant have. i have a friend that is engaged to a bitch. she is always always treating him like crap and threatening to leave him. AND she has cheated on him more than once. and as far as your friendship with him... stop being so available. let him call you. dont seek him out. if he truly values you as a friend then he will realize how much he appreciates you.
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 10:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It sound to me like he doesn't want you back, like you do. You need to move on and leave him be.

Answer by louise2 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Yeah, he just wants what he can't have. I think he might be keeping you around as a safety net. You can do better than that.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Louise you are always so negative. He's still my best friend. My question all but says that. You are stating the obvious. That wasn't my question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• if louise2 is stating the obvious then to me it would be the obvious thing to do right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Because these were the questions:
    How the hell am I supposed to know whats going on with him when he won't talk to me?
    So why the hell is he hung up on this woman?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Because he LOVES her. That's why..You say he is only a FRIEND. But the way your writing this it sounds like you want him back as more then a FRIEND. It sounds like to me..

Answer by louise2 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would say thay you are blind...why would you want to be with someone who cries for someone else. Nothing like putting your life on the back burner...by your choice.
    You say he will not talk to you, but his reaction of thebreakup and his tears should have told you a thousand words...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I need to stop giving so many details. Then maybe people will actually answer my questions. Thank you IGotLuckyInKy. You actually listened and had something constructive to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• He didn't react like that when they broke up. He was releaved it was solved. All he had to say regarding it was that he had alot on his mind or something about there place, not about her. He didn't react like that til yesturday, after he said it didn't matter to me. I wasn't there to see it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2008