Completeing knitting projects

When you screw up do you continue on with your project to say that you finished it anyway or do you cut the project and cut it a loss on the yarn that you did use?

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 1:17 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• no id stop and put it to experience ... i sure hate it tho
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:45 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Depends on how screwed up it is and how far I had gotten by the time I noticed. Sometimes I'll just continue on if it's not noticeable or doesn't really mess up the piece. If it wasn't that long ago I'll pull it out and fix it and continue on. If I messed it up really bad and it was way at the beginning I'll just frog the whole thing and start over or just start something else.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My last project was a sweater for my DD. It came out a little too large, so I had to put in side seams (I knit it on a circular needle to avoid side seams) :-\
    It has 3 colors of yarn and bobbles and stuff, so I didn't want to start over; plus, she was waiting for me to finish it.

Usually, I will just unravel and start over.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i always started over, it bothers me to finsh somthing I dont like in the begin with! I'm the same way with candle making lol. I have to start all over in most cases when I don't like how it looks lol.
    Sakinsglow

Answer by Sakinsglow at 3:03 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Depends what it is. I'll always reuse the yarn though.... you can always pull it out and reball it for something else.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't knit but crochet. Usually, if I make a mistake, I just take it out and start again. If the pattern is too hard for me, I give up and reuse the yarn for something else.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 5:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I watch for mistakes and if I find them, I will pull it out...I hate too, but I can't stand a mistake..too OCD for that business.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2011