my daughter is 1 and sleeps in my bed is this bad??

since my daughter was a baby i have let her sleep with me in my bed. it got to the point where she got so used to it she didnt want her crib. now she is a little over a year old. i got her used to sleeping in her crib now. id say i put her to sleep at night at 9 and i go to bed around 1 am i take her out of her crib and lay her with me. i think its my problem now lol i cant sleep uness i have her there does that sound crazy? i am a single mother so it doesnt cause any problems for anyone. i just dont know if it is healthy and if i should stop this? and has anyone else ever done this??

chavonn0318

Asked by chavonn0318 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I Co-Sleep also.
    From Birth and Now... she's 19 Months old. :)
    There is nothing wrong with doing this, and the Bond is HEALTHY!
    So go for it Momma. :)
    Anonymous

• my oldest is 4 yrs and slept with me until she was 2 1/2. my youngest is 18 months and still sleeps in my bed. I feel comfort with her and besides she is a momma's girl. I think me and my girls are very close and I see nothing wrong with it.
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 2:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I co-sleep also & see nothing wrong with it. I look at it this way, she was in my belly for 9 mos. & imagine how she would feel if I just left her on her own? As long as your very careful, keep on doing it. I think it makes baby even more secure!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 2:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• you should stop that very soon, otherwise you gonna go through seperation anxity (well she will) and she'll cry and cry till you can't talk it anymore. I KNOW i learned the hard way.
    REDD77

Answer by REDD77 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I personally wouldn't wake up a sleeping child. I think it's perfectly healthy for a child to sleep alone, and I think it helps them be more independant. That's just my opinion.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I'm a single mom too, and I co-slept with my baby. I have a fairly small room and have the crib in there. The first few times I would put her in the crib, I would give up really quick and put her back in bed with me LOL. Then I would have her in her crib, and I'd lay in my bed so that my head was closest to her crib. Now we are both ok LOL
    TinaBeena1216

Answer by TinaBeena1216 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• yes i have my 18 year old girl sleeping in my room and tried her whole life to wean her off of it since she was a year soo i would start now : )

good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2008