why do you let your kids sleep in your bed?

I'm not judging, or being mean. I just noticed in another post that alot of people are having a hard time with getting their toddlers to sleep in their own bed. Did you have a particular reason that you let your baby sleep in your bed? I'm just curious.

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 2:17 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• My children aren't allowed to sleep in our bed. But sometimes one of them will sneak in, and I'll not kick them out. If my husband wakes up though, he sends them back to bed. I let them stay because 1) they are so cuddly! and 2) they are going to be too old soon and the snuggly days will be over. My son (8) and daughter (7) do the sneaking, but not my 10-year-old. Also, my kids lay so still I sometimes sleep right through it!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 2:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My babies slept in my bed until they were 12-15months. I felt they were safest sleeping in my arms. I could monitor their breathing and sleeping patterns. It worked for us.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:22 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We started cosleeping when DS was born. He REFUSED to sleep anywhere else. Plus, I was EBFing, so it made life easier. He's 2 now, and he comes to our bed around 6AM, so we get to sleep and wake up with him, and he's very cuddly, so it's great. It's really cute when I put my arm in front of him, and he'll cuddle up to it and smile. I just can't think of passing that up! He spends most of the night in his own bed, but he comes to our bed anytime between 6 and 7:30AM. If he comes later, he just lays there for 10 minutes to snuggle, then gets me up.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:27 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My daughter is six years old and she stills sleeps with me. I'm a single parent. Sooooo it doesn't bother me at all. If she wanted her own room I'd move into a two bedroom apt but until then I'm cool, she's cool, and we're cool.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 2:45 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My daughter has never slept in my bed and I totally wish she would now that's she's a toddler. I love cuddling =). But she just tosses and turns and gets warm, much like I do. So until she gets older the chance of her sleeping in the bed with me is slim to none. =/ Oh well, at least I get to cuddle during the day time!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:24 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• the reason i do it is sometimes we watch movies, read a story, they get scared, or they are sick.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 2:28 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• sandy..LOL I think at that age I would let them stay also. I guess I should specify toddlers and infants.
    usdragonflies

Comment by usdragonflies (original poster) at 2:23 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Btw, my DD is 19 mo old.
    Razelda

• my daughter is 6 and i have to BEG her to sleep with me..LOL..once in a blue moon she will..but normally she wont :(
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Our 6 month old sleeps with us because it's easier to nurse him in bed. We recently side carred the crib with our bed so that DS can still have his space and we can have ours. In the meantime, besides the fact I love snuggling with my bug, he sleeps better (they say co-sleeping helps regulate his sleeping patterns).
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 2:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2011