Would you forgive her? some profanity UPDATE IN RED

The other day we were at my mother in laws house for dinner and my husbands older sister (who is a total bitch and no one likes) comes in and starts complaining about my husband parking our vehicle in her grass (two tires were on the drive way and two were in the grass). I just try to ignore her but she keeps going on and on with, I mean like 30 minutes and she's still bitching about. Then she said (omg I am shaking I'm so mad right now), she said "maybe he will get deployed to Iraq again but this time he won't come back and I won't have to deal with him anymore." OMG, it took my other sister in law, my brother in law and my husbands 16 yr old nephew to keep me from strangling that bitch. Seriously I jumped over the kitchen table to get at her. (I was also screaming at her what I wanted to do to her.) What kind of person would say something like that, I mean really? Needless to say we left soon after this b/c my husband didn't want to see me get arrested for assault. He wasn't in the room when she said it and he didn't find out what she said until the car ride home. So anyway, this bitch calls me the next day (from my MIL's house b/c she knew I wouldn't answer if I knew it was her) to say she is sorry, but she doesn't really understand why I got so mad b/c he has been her brother for longer than he's been my husband. Not only is she a bitch, she'd stupid too. So I said NO, with a few colorful words thrown in there just to make it interesting and hung up on the bitch. Well today my MIL calls my husband to let him know she is mad at me b/c I refuse to accept the apology and she thinks I'm being childish for not letting this go. She wants him to make me accept it. Let's just say his response wasn't very nice.

Please over look mistakes like I said I as still shaking I'm so mad.

Let clear something up right now, I DIDN'T hit or strangle her, they restrained me before I got to her. I didn't even touch one hair on head, I wanted too and if I had gotten to her she would know longer have any hair. I was sitting at the table and she was on the other side of the room, I was so mad that I jumped over the table and was running towards her but they stopped me when I was about a foot away from her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• To both of the anon posters...so you would have no problem with your sister in law telling you she hopes your husband goes to Iraq and dies there? You need to think before you speak. The OP did not try to attack her sister in law over the grass. It was due to her hateful remarks towards her husband. Joking or not, a sister that loves her brother would never say she hopes he dies.
    psgilbert

Answer by psgilbert at 12:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• WOW! F her! Nobody says shit like that! AND playing the "I have known him longer" card is NOT an apology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• WHOA!!! I can't blame you. You NEVER say anything like that, especially about a man who is serving his country, and who's life is actually on the line while he does it. Forgive when you are ready, and scr*w them. WOW
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 2:32 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• WOW...............................................O TOTALLY agree with sandyhack............100%. THATS terrible!!!!
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 2:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Ya she's sorry alright, a sorry waste of space!! I kmow if I had someone talk to me like that, and when the others started to stop u, I would wait intil she leaves and then beat some sense into her. However, that may take awhile,. So bring the whip too..
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:58 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I honestly would be very angry too, that was a horrible thing to say, and I am sorry for her, But, I know there is always a but you need to forgive her not for her sake but for yours by being angry at her you are not hurting her at all you are only hurting yourself. Your the one who probebly can't sleep because her words keep haunting you and the fear of what she said actually happening.she isn't losing any sleep over it and her stomach isn't in knots over it like your is. I know forgiving her will be very hard but for your own good you need to. That doesn't mean you have to forget what she said it just means you have to decide in your heart that you forgive her. I am sure she didn't mean what she said but it was still wrong to say regardless. I hope your husband can forgive her as well I know it won't be easy. Good luck and God Bless
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 3:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Is she a psycho,b'cos I think no normal person in his senses would say such things.I would suggest you to ignore her as surely she is not going to mend her ways.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I don't blame you at all.. there would be no way that any apology would be acceptable for saying something like that.. who cares if she has been his sister longer.. that has nothing to do with what she said.. You don't say something like that and then the next day call and say " im sorry" .. nope don't cut it at all.. she is being childish and stupid.. sorry you are related..
    sweetc2324

Answer by sweetc2324 at 4:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It is really a shame that dh's mom is siding with the sister and saying you are being childish for not accepting the apology. That was a horrid thing she said, then to give what is, IMO, a back handed apology, does not warrant accepting. Maybe DH shouldn't have spoken to his mother that way, but when someone takes one side over the other that is as good as agreeing with that person.
    midnight_storm

Answer by midnight_storm at 4:22 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I gotta be perfectly honest, I would have knocked her teeth out of her head.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 4:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2011