my four month old is cutting four teeth at once. please help!

does any one have any good tips. orajel or anbasol is not working for this poor baby. sometimes i feel its hurting her and me too. no sleep. i cant even clean or put a load of laundry on. it exhausting. this poor baby is suffering.

2010mommy0914

Asked by 2010mommy0914 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh mama! I am so sorry! alternate motrin and tylenol every four hours!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:37 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Will she let you put a frozen washcloth on her gums? Put a wet wash cloth in the freezer, once it is frozen let her suck on it. Put two in there though so when the first one thaws you have a back up.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• teething tablets work really well. can be bought at walmart......
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 2:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My daughters doctor told me to not put the orajel or the other one cause after awhile the gums can get hard. I found these little feeding bags that has a netting of sorts that keeps any food from passing into her mouth making her choke. U can get them at wal-mart or a baby store, maybe K-mart. In a way it kinda looks like a sucker when u look at. Youcan put sugar-free popcicles in it and the cold helps numb the gums. And maybe call her doc and see if can give her babies tylenol.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• teething tablets didn't work for mine...they might for yours though. Just say'n.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• thank i will definatly try all of these.
    2010mommy0914

Comment by 2010mommy0914 (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Pressure helps. Whether from her biting down on something or you rubbing her gums. She may not stop crying altogether if you rub on her gums but I could tell it helped my son when I did it. Coldness helps too. Think yogurt or any refrigerated food coldness. good luck.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• teething tablets are great but you cant buy them anymore they were recalled for bs reasons, frozen washcloth, and if you nurse do it often it helps a lot
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Measure out of dose of Baby Advil and rub some of it on the gums and then give the remainder of the dose. Rubbing it directly on the gums has an instant affect. A friend of mine who is an orthodontist gave me this idea. Works for pain from braces too. A frozen washcloth to chew on also works well.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 17, 2011