Early Peuberty adult content

My 6 1/2 year old son, getting out of the bath, I noticed he had a few hairs on his genitals.  Had my husband look and he calls it peach fuzz.  I wouldn't consider it peach fuzz unless there was more hair.  I am calling the doctor in the morning. He is my first boy, is this normal, or am I right to be concern.   I have been crying all night, so concerned for him.  Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Statistically speaking, kids are going through puberty earlier and earlier. My sister had been through the beginning of puberty and started her period at 8... and she was born in 1981. By the time she was in 4th grade, she was wearing a C cup. I on the other hand didn't start my period until I was almost 13 and by 15 I finally wore a B cup.

Every kid is different, but 6 1/2 just doesn't shock me.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Do you think it is early puberty?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If he's getting hair, most likely.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:10 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Is you hubby hairy? My husband is italian and super hairy, and i recently noticed that my son, even though he has my blond hair, at 2 years old has really hairy legs, back and arms! Like major thick peach fuzz!

I guess what i'm say'n is that he could take after his dad is his dad is really hairy. If the dad isn't worried I wouldn't be. He knows more about boy parts than us women.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 3:24 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes, it could be early puberty, but the only way to know for sure is to see a pediatric endocrinologist & have your son's hormone levels checked. A young child can have hair everywhere else on their body & it's completely normal, but when they start to develop hair in their armpits, on their face or in their groin, it should be checked to be sure there's nothing more serious happening.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Probably not early puberty, probably just a hair growing. I don't think I would take him to the doctor, I would wait for the next time he goes in and then ask.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My niece started puberty at 7yo. She had started to develop breast and had body odor even after a bath. She is a happy and healthy little girl and the pediatrician isn't concerned so I wouldn't worry too much, but take him in even if it's only to ease your mind. here's a link I found that may help. http://www.toosoon.com/central-precocious-puberty.cfm
    jazegurl5

Answer by jazegurl5 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My son is 7 and I haven't noticed anything like that. However, my two cousins started their periods when they were 8 so it might not be *too* young for early puberty.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:52 PM on May. 24, 2011

• could be.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:07 PM on May. 27, 2011