Im about 4 to 5 months pregnant and im not that big yet, i've been sleeping on my side, can i still sleep on my back? I always forget to ask the doc.

jessi1414

Asked by jessi1414 at 3:34 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you feel comfortable ,then yes.But often one cannot breathe properly b'cos of baby's weight.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yup. What the above said. Once you get really big it will be out of the question. I passed ut while i was at the dentist cause i was 8 months prego and the weight of the baby was crushing my lungs.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 3:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i've heard lying on your bck is bad for you and baby, so i always go to sleep on my side, but when i wake up i'm on my back, been that way through all 3 pregnancies (on my 3rd right now) and just about as far along as you. i'm most comfortable on my back, and being prego isn't the most comfortable thing in the world! and so far sleeping on my back while prego hasn't caused any harm to me or my kids.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yes you can as long as it is comfortable
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:45 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I've just approached the 7 mo. mark and am still sleeping on my stomach. ( I throw a knee up to breast level, and there's a lot of room for both breathing and baby). I told my practicioner, and was told that as long as it worked for me, there's no right or wrong way of sleeping during pregnancy and long as comfort is involved.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011