Dr. King and the VA Statute for Religious Freedom?

In the article, the question is raised as to whether Dr. King would be able to speak as freely today as then.

Pastors and priests are shouted down and the cries of separation of church and state are flung at them at every opportunity.  Dr. King started his crusade in the church and constantly referred to his Christian calling.  He spoke of righteousness, he wrote prayers.  His books are full of spiritual thoughts, scripture references, and personal religious thoughts and experience.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/01/dr_king_and_the_virginia_statu.html

Read the article and give me your thoughts in these times.

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 4:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was a teen when Dr. King began his marches and speeches. It was a different time in American history, when christianity still ran daily life with an iron hand. The climate was ideal for his message to be heard. The time was right. A decade in either direction and he might not have had the same impact. And, yes, I think he WOULD be silenced today. He would have had to approach the issue in a different way. The climate has changed so significantly. But, I think he would have been able to make that adjustment.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree that he wouldn't be as well received today as he was back then. Sadly, this world rejects the Lord and everything that He stands for, which is where Dr. King drew his strength and wisdom from.
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 11:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011