Does you man of your family practice the bible in your home?

Does your d/h and children's father give time to uphold to your structure in the family with using God as his real example? Do you have prayer time together? Does he open the word of God and take scripture to show you and your children together what God is saying on a daily or weekly basis to show that he cares about all of you and himself that much?

Just seems that not anyone is applying these nowadays, with computers and santa, and every litttle common convenience.
Does you d/h let all these useless and extra gadgets of the ''day'', take over his authority to the family he should be giving more leadership and godly love to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• My dh and I do pray together and we pray with our children before bed and before a meal. We probably dont do these things as often as we should be we show our children who God is and take them to church.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• The lack of Bible and God worship isn't only due to tech and Santa... its also what a person personally believes, and quite honestly not everyone is a God worshipper or feels the pressure to follow the bible's teachings sue to society or community and family pressures. Some of us have perfectly happy and moral lives and darn good kids without it :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No he does not, but i wish he would. And we never pray together, we pray silently alone. But i would like to work on that.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 5:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My hubby does take his role as head of our household, in all areas, very seriously. While we are currently out of practice with praying together, except for meal times, I do crave us getting back into that habit. Our daughter is only 2 months old, but we are both focused on her relationship with the Lord as well as our own. Hubby was very firm in only wanting our daughter to listen to Christian and Classical music. He is the head of our family and he is a wonderful man of God.
    lcmurphy418

Answer by lcmurphy418 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• @Icmurphy... isn't that basically forcing the child to do what you want them to do and not allowing them to make a choice when its time and they are old enough to understand? And how is an older child going to be forced to only listen to a certain type of music? Once they are in school and out in public and not with you, they will have ample exposure and opportunity to listen and enjoy what else is out there.

I find control only breeds rebellion and resistance on all fronts. I'm not saying thats what you will do, but I am saying to be careful. My Dad did that to me, too and it totally backfired on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• None of this is forced or belittling a child, how is that possible, to tell them your children which God himself blessed you with, being that they are only little doesn't make a reason not to know what creation or praying or who is in heaven.
    Creation
    Praying
    Heaven.
    Some of you think these are bad?
    Well just so we don't forget that when they are able to read later they will ask questions and if those parents don't answer them with truth, other's in this world with knowledge will of course have a truthful influence on them, not to be rude or anything like that. But don't you know that it's really true?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Oh, and the bible was written by scribes who may have been men or women, it distinctly never says which, so be careful what you say.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Nope. We teach that the Bible is just a work of fiction. It is just a book. It isn't anything special. My kids are allowed to pray and are encouraged to read the Bible. But we teach that all religions are equally valid and plan to let them choose which path to follow.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• There isn't a single Bible in our house so, no, my husband doesn't practice or uphold it or whatever. Then again we're atheist and don't believe in the Bible or your god so there's no need to uphold it. Religion is rarely brought up in our house. It doesn't interest us.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011