What will you be doing to keep dr king dream alive

How would you change how we see other races.what would you be doing to make your community a better place to live.it all about doing things positive and not hatting on one another

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Holidays

• The day doesn't do much for us personally. We weren't involved in the civil rights movement of the 1960s and its never really provided much for me personally other than a day off work. Not a snark...just an honest answer :-) Happy MLK Day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I will be the difference. I will not feed the stereotypes, nor will I become one. I'll do my part in teaching my child respect and tolerance for everyone, and I will teach him that everyone is unique and important. Also, him being a boy, I will teach him that all women are beautiful and worthy. Not just the white/black/latin, (etc )ones.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 6:05 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I don't really see racism around me. I'm quite proud of my community. We have filipinos, mexicans, blacks, korean, and muslims all in one community and we are great friends. Instead of "making a change" we look at the day as a celebration of our friendships which might not have happened if not for people like MLK. MLK doesn't mean you have to dwell in the bad things of the past, it can also be a day of celebration of how far we have come since then.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 6:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• wishing dr kings influence would also go for the latino community....they are having their civil rights stripped from them left and right. and because it is in the name of "immigration" people say it is ok. i wish there was a way for them to fix it when here. but the government has it set up as a double edged sword and many good people hands are tied. and cling to the hope that one day they can come out of the shadows.

sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2011