What do you get kids for X-mas?

I have a 5 and a 7 years old and they have so many toys as it is there room is small.
How can we make their Christmas a happy one with out making them feel like it isn't Christmas. I have no idea what they would like they basically have everything.
Help!!! My husband suggest clothes but that is no fun for a child.

Butterfly1108

Asked by Butterfly1108 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• maybe something to decorate the room. my son got an airplane lamp for bedtime stories (he is 3) and everyday i hear, i got that for my birthday! so you can get them something functional if it is related to their interest, like what about cool bath towels with hood, robes, cute slippers, what about really cool snow boots or some thing that makes food (snow cone maker, cotton candy...etc) that would not be kept in the bedroom..... of course get some toys, i think my son is only getting 3 toys from me then some clothes and a hand made blanket. we have a baby on the way and he has to get used to not being so spoiled before he is too old to change.

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Go through the toys. Get rid of anything the boys don't play with, that is broken, or that is missing pieces. SS birthday is only one month before Christmas so we get a double whammy and that is what I do every year. In fact, I just got done with it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Every year we go through the kids toys and get ride of the ones they no longer play with. Then we let them go through the Toys R Us catalog to see what they want.

We usually get a few toys and then things that they are interested in. My middle child loves to draw so one year we got him an art set and last year we got him a portfolio folder to hold all his pictures. I think as long as the get gifts they will be happy.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think clothes are a great solution. How about something they "need" since you said they already have everything? Why buy stuff for the sake of buying stuff?
    Anonymous

• Clothes - make them fun - favorite cartoon characters and such on them, baseball caps, etc.

Books - anything fun to get them reading is good

Art Supplies - Crayola has some great new gizmos out that are mess-free and let them create

Bubble baths, cool soaps and toiletries in their stockings

Outdoorsy stuff - Sports stuff, water or snow toys

Maybe a year of a paid activitiy for each kid (ballet, karate, etc. to get them up and moving!)

Anonymous