What should my 11 month old be eating?

My son is now 11 months old. I would like to start weening him from his bottle (not completely until he is 1). I do give him baby food but it never seems like enough. Just starting to make a grocery list for tomorrow. So far I have yogurt, cheese, and cheerios. Any other suggestions? He only has two bottom teeth so everything has to be a bit more soft or dissolvable for him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 11 month old eats everything that we eat. I just cut everything up in small pieces. She only has 3 teeth but she chews really good.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• if you have a blender you can practically make her anything. you can just steam veggies or fruit and blend it and then he can eat it. if you want finger foods then you can start with small pieces of steamed carrots,ect. . banans is a popular start off finger food.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Whatever you eat, just cut into smaller pieces. You do NOT need to puree any foods. They need to get used to all the new textures and tastes of table food.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Even with only two teeth, they can eat almost anything you can - no need to puree or blend. The teeth you use to chew are your molars - and kids don't get those until they are 2! Any steamed veggie, fruit, etc.

Answer by missanc at 11:15 AM on Jan. 17, 2011