Does anyone work as a data entry processor from home? Or Rebate processor?

I know----ANOTHER work from home question. I am so scam weary! Everyone I check out is looking for $29-$197 + to get their program. I recently found a site that had a wealth of information. Supposedly companies like Home Depot, Circuit City, Gap, etc. pay independent contractors or "affliates" to fill out forms and process rebates. If that is the case, why buy the program, why not apply to these companies directly and ASK? Any moms out there with info on this subject or are DOING this PLEASE let me know. If you know someone else doing this let me know. Thanks so Much.

naonip

Asked by naonip at 9:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• Never, NEVER pay money to make money. There are lots of ways to make money online, I stick with the free ones and I’ve been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I listed and ranked the sites I use at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Rebates at home isn't a scam as much as it isn't worth it. Basically, lets say you are affiliate with Company X. Company X sells a product that costs $100.00. If you bring them the customer they pay you 50%. That is $50.00 - just keeping everyone on the same page! You advertise the same product for $75.00 after rebate! They purchase the product from Company X using your affiliate link, Company X turns around and pays you $50.00. After 90 days, if the person hasn't returned the item, you send them a $25.00 rebate - usually by PayPal. It's 90 days because after 90 your CC company will give you a hard time if you claim fraud. So you tell your customer to send in the rebate information, which you provide, 90 days after purchase. You make the rebate between 90 and 120 days. Most people will forget about the rebate after 90 days or have deleted the email or whatever.
    And that is how rebates are processed at home.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2008