What is the hottest home based party type business these days?

I am looking for the hottest home-based or party-type business out there. If you have your own party-type business or have been to a party type business that really impressed you, I would love to hear about it.

crayons4fun

Asked by crayons4fun at 10:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• My cousin does some type of Jewelry sales. She says pretty much sells itself. She said at one of her last parties she cleared 450.00 for herself. The only drawback, is because it is jewelry the start up cost can be kind of pricey. But I am sure she has probably made it back by now. If you want more info let me know and I'll find out what the name of it is, or whatever. :)
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• lol the "hip thing" around here for young adults is sex toy parties...but i went to one and i was uncomfortable and left the second i could. even with some alchy before hand i couldnt stand being there. but i gave it a try for my friends....yuck
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have a business with Premier Designs jewelry. Have you heard of them before? Premier offers beautiful gold, silver and two-tone high end of bridge jewelry at prices from $8 - $80. We market our jewelry through private showings, in-home shows, fundraisers, etc.
    All the best!
    ~Shay
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Can I ask why? The reason I ask is because if you do parties you do all the work but only receive a % of the profit. If you are willing to do parties you could purchase some items from drop shippers. Use their images and descriptions to create your own brochures on a semi high quality printer and do your own parties. Plus the drop shipper will ship directly to your customer at no extra charge. I'll even give you a niche - do parties for expectant mothers. I have 3 or 4 drop shippers, I'll be happy to give you their web addresses. Also offer gift certificates for web site purchases. You can create a website using GoDaddys website to night. The cost for hosting per month is only $4.99. There's your overhead $4.99 a month and your business is set. Mmm, maybe I'll start this company and you can work for me. LOL
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 1:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would say the hottest business right now is a business that has a product people look for in this economy. I work with Ameriplan, a health benefits company. The health insurance is so expensive people can't afford it these days. They have great plans. Also I work for a health and wellness company, The Mom Team is a wonderful team that helps me building the business. I have more information about all these in my profile.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 1:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Tupperware is still around and going VERY STRONG!!!! You can get bonuses every month as well as build a team if you choose to. Check it out www.my2.tupperware.com/amyroca I'd love to tell you more!!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 2:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I feel so privileged to be able to offer women the best thing going right now in this tough economy. My hubby got laid off...my company is still giving out shiny, red, convertible Ford Mustangs to directors (not leased, you own outright). I used to work in advertising 20 years and I got a few small cash bonuses here and there. In a year and a half, my company has given me luggage, 2 all-expense paid trips, pearl/diamond earrings, topaz earrings/necklace, 5+ nice purses, sunglasses and many more....How? SPA!!!Pampering women 2x month and product reorders.  PM me and I'll answer any questions. The beauty is that I so love empowering women and making them feel happy, stress-free-relaxed, that really is my true reward. The money, gifts all just are icing on the cake. I've NEVER had anyone say thank you, great job, here's a gift as much as BEAUTICONTROL (a Tupperware brand)!!! It rocks!!!!

spagirlstacy

Answer by spagirlstacy at 6:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'm a Managing Director with For Your Pleasure and do quite well with my sales each month. I'm averaging 4-6 parties per month and love love love what I do. Booking parties is easy because they are so much fun.
    TweetyCrazy

Answer by TweetyCrazy at 8:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Hi,  This one that I started in 2005 that I love . ScentSations Inc. Mia Bella's Gourmet Candles  http://www.CandleliteGrove.com I buy wholesale and make my own retail prices for Cash & Carry. People love taking their purchases home with them. Any ?'s

JoseyNP

Answer by JoseyNP at 4:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Anyone wanting a home based business should look into AMSOIL. AMSOIL was the first company to patent synthetic motor oil for public use. If you have any questions or would like to become a dealer email me: thebryants4amsoil@yahoo.com. I hope to hear from you and begin you on your way to being a great dealer.
    jerryswife1275

Answer by jerryswife1275 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009