Postpartum jiggle....does it go away?

I'm currently 2 months postpartum and have lost more than what I gained during pregnancy (gained 30, lost 36 to date!). My problem is my stomach is so darn jiggly! How in heaven's name do I get that area firmed up and toned? I would also like to add, there are very strong muscles underneath the jiggly-pooch thing, you just can't see them!

lcmurphy418

Asked by lcmurphy418 at 8:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Everyone is different, you may lose it eventually or you may end up with loose skin that only a tummy tuck will fix. 2 months postpartum is still too early to tell whether your skin will shrink up or not, just keep up the good work and try pilates or other ab work to help it along.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:10 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You wil lose it eventually, are you doing sit ups or an abdominal workouts?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:34 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You've got strong muscles underneath, so that's a good start...the "jiggle" is the excess skin/fat from the pregnancy, with good ab workouts (and if you're young), you should be able to get that to reduce quite a bit....like the first poster said, everyone's different so it could take a few months, to a few years, if ever. Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Keep working at it, it may not ever the "the same", but it will firm up with time.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes, you should be able to get retoned, it might just take some time. Remember that it took 9 months to stretch out those muscles and skin, make sure you give it AT LEAST that much time before considering more drastic results.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It's only been 2 months. Give it time to tone back up. Do ab crunches if the doc has cleared you for exercise.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I didn't lose mine until I started doing crunches.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It may never look the same again, but it will continue to spring back for quite a while after the baby is born. Don't give up yet.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Mine never looked like it did before my 1st pregnancy. The bottom sagged really bad, it didn't look as bad by the time I was 6 month post-partum but like I said, never went back.

MamaCyjo

Answer by MamaCyjo at 12:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• give it time
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2011