Has a Dr. office accidentally scheduled your appt on a holiday?

I have an appt this morning with my high risk doctor. To get there in time I have to leave an hour earlier than they even open and I keep wondering if this was some kind of mistake LOL This appt was scheduled a while back and it didn't even dawn on me that it was on a holiday where most places like that are closed. I'm gonna be ticked if I drive an hour only to find that they are closed haha. I guess I don't have a choice either way but was wondering if it's ever happened to you? Wish me luck!! lol

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Most doctors offices are open today. They usually don't close for holidays such as MLK, Jr day or even Presidents Day. At least in my area they are. These Holiday appointments usually fill up quick as people like these days as they don't have to take off work to go to the appointment.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:27 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Hasn't happened. Usually, they have holidays blocked out in their appointment books/software. At my daughters pedi, they will be open today. I was there Friday and I heard him tell one of the nurses to come in Monday.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Hmm most doctors office I know are OPEN today...
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 8:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• On New year's eve and the office was closed! What a quack dr's office that is.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thanks ladies =) Thats encouraging lol I am in a diff state this year.. back home pretty much everything shut down on this day so i'm not used to this.
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My next appointment is Valentine's Day but it will be open, of course. I'm due memorial day weekend, though which kind of sucks.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 17, 2011