do you tell a 10 year old what a "wet dream" is

my son asked and I could not tell him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• look it up on the net and let him read about it.... u should be able to talk to him about it.. what if the next ? is about sex.. he cant come to u about a wet dream what can he come to u for? dont u think its only fair to talk to him about it..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Answer with the biological facts, in a matter of fact tone. Kids can sense fear.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Oh no,I have a 20yr old son and a 9yr old son.I had to take my 9yr old to the doctor this morning,while we were waiting for the doctor to come in,he saw a pamplet.He was sitting on the exam table ,and asked"Mom ,what is puberty?"Well,I got the pamplet down,and started reading it out loud.I read the parts about body odor,acne,the growth spurt and the deepening voice.I avoided any of the wet dream parts.
    With my 20yr old son,I found a book at the library,he read it and I told him if he had any questions ,he could ask me.I symphathize with parents of girls,but I never had to deal with that .
    I try ,not to seem embarrassed and just tell the truth.Also,my 9yr old has his big brother and his Dad.
    with understanding ,
    DawnSea
    DawnSea

Answer by DawnSea at 10:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• wow go and talk to him. he needs to feel he can come to you about anything. just keep it simple and matter of fact. its a natural thing
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Yes......you need to tell him.....if you can't do a face to face then find the info somewhere and give it to him to read.....then be willing to have a chat after for any queastions he might have.
    AttriceDiva

Answer by AttriceDiva at 12:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Why do parents think is is weird or uncomfortable talking to their kids about this stuff? It's just normal stuff...goodness...aren't we the adults? Maybe things just don't phase me....I dunno. Go talk to your son....it's just part of life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2008