In need of some good healthy lunch ideas for my 17 month old daughter.

Breakfast she always has fresf fruit. Kiwi's, bananas, apples, peaches, peanut butter whole wheat toast, whole grain cherrios with a little milk. We have panckaes, waffles and french toast too, always with the fruit. For dinner she always eats what we do, unless her molars are hurting real bad then she doesnt eat much anywy. We make mostly healthy things for dinner, but not everything is 100% organic fresh home made crap, I am humna and work, and so does my DH.

I need some ideas for lunch. We dont make enough of dinner to have left overs because they just dont get eaten in our house for some reason, and DD wont eat re-heated meat... haha. So for lunch she always ends up with chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, PB&J on wheat, grilled cheese, soups and stuff... And sometimes hotdogs, the hebew national 98% fat free ones. I DO NOT like giving hr hot dogs so often, bt sometimes it the only thing she will eat for lunch if her teeth hurt. I needs some new ideas! Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son loves mini cheese ravioli and cheese tortellini. I keep the frozen ones and then just take out a handful at a time to boil for him - it only takes a few minutes.

Answer by missanc at 9:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i cut up lunch meat alot for mine, and give her a cheesestick and gogurt.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Pasta, steamed broccoli, rice and beans, cheese and crackers with lunch meat (usually ham or turkey) more fruit. The occaisional canned pasta (chef boyardee) or hot dog does happen. You could also try mini bagle or english muffin pizzas. I hope this helps - it is hard when you have to pack something
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 9:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I give my 17 month old anything I would eat for lunch....chunky soups, rice & veggies, tuna fish sandwiches, pb&j, ravioli. He also has the occasional hot dog but I think every once in a while won't kill him.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You know, i buy the boneless skinless chicken breast large packs at the grocery store, for my son ill save one or two and slice into little slices and put them in baggys in the freezer, for lunch ill pull a baggy out and make him them in the skillet with alittle olive oil (so much healthier than vegtable oil) and it was such a quick lunch! Id add some veggies and hed gobble it up! Sandwhiches are always nice, like a smoked turkey or a ham with cheese and mayo, pasta with a hint of olive oil ( i use alot of that lol) lemon squeeze, garlic, he also really enjoys snacking on the bags of steamed vegatables..the steamers from the frozen section, so easy to steam and much better than canned!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 11:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2011