How do you get yourself motivated to clean up the house & get chores done?

I am in serious need of motivation. I'm just sitting here on the sofa, looking around the room which isn't a total mess but could do with a good clean up, and I'm just not moving. How do you motivate yourself?? I'm in need of ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Convince yourself a dozen people you can't stand will be arriving in a half hour.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Actually invite these people over. Or maybe just one or two.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• hahah this is so funny i was asking myself the same thing lol. I guess the best thing to do is just say hey it has to be done and then get up and do it, but its so hard sometimes ive been telling myself for an hour that i was gonna get up and do it and still havent moved
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 8:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It's tough, sometimes I just don't feel like it. I have to be in the mood.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:51 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I like a clean home for my family.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 8:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Put on microwave timer for 10 minutes see how many things you can pick up...go shine your kitchen sink, put on some upbeat music, light a candle...Reward yourself spend 30 minutes cleaning then check email facebook for 10. Invite a friend over for coffee...that'll get you motivated to pick up the house!
    Hope this helps!!!I am a big time procrastinator, also google flylady, she's a great resource for getting into cleaning routines
    glamarina

Answer by glamarina at 8:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I remind myself anyone could knock on the door at any moment and they would see my house a mess and think I was a slob.

Answer by gemgem at 8:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i usually just put some loud music on and it makes me wanna get up and move around haha
    MasonsMommyy

Answer by MasonsMommyy at 8:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Music works for me and setting a time limit and then I get going and reward myself at the end.....get a coffee, go for a walk, go to the movies. It feels so good when it is done.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Coffee first.. do a chore, take a break..then do another chore..take a break.. that's how I do it.. Ive done two loads of laundry, and put some wood in the wood boiler so far.. lol
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2011