Would you let your 17 year old daughter go to a 17 to enter 21 to drink night club?

We live 5 mins outside of Philadelphia and there are two night clubs called Shampoo & the Roxy that you have to be 17 to enter and 21 to drink in. My daughter and her friends were planning on going, but im not sure if thats the best idea. Would you allow your 17 year old daughter to go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes. I trust my kids though and havent had many issues with them. When I was 17 I went to those sorts of things and actually never got in trouble there. I got into more trouble at house parties.

Answer by gemgem at 8:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Providing I was dropping them off and picking them up afterwards, yes.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:54 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• if i trusted him/her, i would have no problem with it. let her go mom!!!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i think if the club was in a good neighborhood and i checked out the place (and owner) before and i trusted my kid then yes i would....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We have one not to far from us and I do NOT allow my son to go. Lots of drug deals take place there (hubby is a cop in the town). I trust him and have never had issues with him but why would I want to expose him to that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No. I started college when I was 17 and we went to those type of clubs - in my experience, young pretty girls never have any problem being served. (And I will say that my parents would tell you I was a very responsible teen that they never had any problems with - they would never in a MILLION years think that I would have drank alcohol, especially underage)

Answer by missanc at 9:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• no i would not. a night club of any sort is no place for a 17 year old to go to . the bartenders dont care who they sell drinks too and they dont pay attention to the "wrist bands", plus there is a lot of drugs that are easy to get in those places, plus dirty dancing, sex .... you name it. NO way .
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes I would let her go as long as she is staying with a group of friends and she has a curfew. I guess for me it would also depend on the child. I think if you have taught her what is expected and you trust her then I think it would be okay. I think at some point you have to trust your child to make the right decisions and guide them through if they make the wrong ones. At 17 she will soon be going away to college and doing things on her own and you won't know what she is doing 24/7 so why not let her try now.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Um, NO! If there are 21 year old men there chances are there are 25 year old men there - 17 year old girls do not belong in bars.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 9:08 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Most likely, no. A 17 year old has no business partying with 20-somethings who are drinking. If it was for a special event, like a certain band in concert or something, I'd consider it. But to just go clubbing? Wow, why start that at 17?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2011