How do you keep your house clean?

i have two kids 2 and 4 and i practially have to do a complete overhaul every morning. dishes are one thing, i understand that but the rest of the house? how do you keep from having to do a complete over haul every day without cleaning all day?

laura970

Asked by laura970 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Mine are almost 3 and 4, and it seems every day a tornado blows through my house. I don't spend all day cleaning, because the boys have to clean up the messes they make. Well, outside of dishes, laundry, and that sort of thing. I have an SIL who thinks I'm mean for making them pick up after themselves at their age, but they've been doing it since they learned to crawl over and put a toy in the toy box.
    Of course, I have to stand watch and instruct... "Ok, first, let's pick up all of the books and put them on the shelf. Where are the books?" and so on.
    That's how we go about it, anyway. Good luck to you!
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 9:28 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have 3 kids.. I am cleaning all the freaking time. Get them to help you, they are old enough my 21 mth old will put away her toys with help. Let your 4 yr old help! He can dust stuff he can reach make it a game, turn on music and dance with them while doing it.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think you have to get your kids involved in cleaning having them take care of their toys and that sort of thing.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree, start teaching them chores so you're not constantly alone in the cleaning business. Especially teach them to pick upp after themselves!!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 9:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Get them to help, most kids love helping at that age. I do my basics everyday, washing and dishes. Then I do like the bathrooms and dusting, I do one of the a day. That way I don't have to do all the major cleaning at once. It's alot easier that way, especially with small kids.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Kids can do a lot, and it won't be perfect, but so what! Just focus on keeping the floor clean, because that's where the kids spend their time. You want it to be free of germs but does the top of the fridge really have to be dust free every day? Make one day of the week for each room to get a good scrub, otherwise just keep up with dishes, laundry, etc...
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I don't worry about it... when my now 10 yr old was a tot, the whole house was covered
    with his toys... I would pick up after he went to bed... as he got older, he learned to pick
    up and put away much of his things... I just keep up with the kitchen and laundry and
    bathroom....
    and once a week the whole house gets a complete scrub down...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2011