While I'm not a fan of Wikileaks- this newest leak may prove interesting

ABC News reported this morning that the Wikileaks founder just received info from a Swiss banker which will expose, celebrities, politicans, CEO's & corporations. I cant wait for the fall out on this one. (*At least he isnt jepardizing national security this time!)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• At least he isnt jepardizing national security this time!

Until it's revealed how many of those people named made campaign donations, lobby group donations, or are integrally involved in government contracts.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:32 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• jewjewbee: Even if those "other people" owe what could turn out to be millions in taxes to this debt-ridden country of ours
    ---
    Yes.
    It's not my business. Nor is it my job. I would be more angry at Govt officials who are inept and inadeuate to the point that they not only cannot find these people without the help of wikilieaks, but they encourage an atmosphere for evasion. Breaking the law is not the same as sin. If these people are found breaking any laws they should pay the consequences, I however do not find it my place to judge them, persecute them, or decide what they do with their money.
    The county aint broke and in debt because of TAX EVADERS.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Very true NP
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:33 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Is the assumption that all of these wealthy people are tax evaders?! Those with Swiss Bank Accounts ARE required to pay taxes to the US! All such accounts do is protect your assets from frivolous law suits, divorce, bankruptcy proceedings, etc.

I would bet that your favorite celebrities, politicians, owners of your favorite stores all have Swiss Bank Accounts! Are you going to thumb your nose at them?! Heck your NEIGHBOR could have one--there is no minimum deposit and it's not a "millionaire's club!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• LoriKeet: I wont "thumb my nose" at anyone- but if it turns out something criminal took place- then I hope those who committed a crime will be prosecuted- regardless of who they are or what connections they have.
    -----
    The information has to be obtained legally, if the government obtains information about evasion illegally, it cannot be used in court against them.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

***

And I AGREE!! I don't understand why SOME people can't see that!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yeah, I wonder WHEN it's discovered that Obama and his backers are proven to be vulnerable in this controversy, that this Elmer character will be quietly paid off, and conveniently disappear?!

There HAS to be something "juicy" in the details, otherwise this Elmer guy wouldn't be saying anything! There has to be $omething in it for him!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm not interested in what OTHER people do with their money.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:26 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Interesting in how it is dealt with.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 10:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Besides, even IF our government seizes back taxes, how will this help our country?! You know the money is just going to go into the black hole of government unaccountability and mismanagement!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:37 AM on Jan. 17, 2011