Is anyone else annoyed at all the "Dr. Sears" popping up?

I'm an Attachment Parenting mom, and anyone who is familiar with this style of parenting knows that Dr. WILLIAM Sears is the pediatrician who coined this term. I think the general feeling is that this concept (AP) is growing in population, and with that, I see lots of "doctors" in the public eye, and that also happen to be pediatricians, all have the same name, Dr. Sears. I think they're giving themselves the name to perk up the ears of moms everywhere, making them think that they are "THE" Dr. Sears. First there is the Dr. Sears on the TV show "The Doctors", who happens to be a pediatrician too. Come on. Now I'm seeing articles in magazines by Dr. ROBERT Sears about "Should I bank my baby's cord blood"? The big print at the top of the article says "ASK DR. SEARS". Of course it would lure you in. It just makes me feel like everyone's a big phony. :P

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Entertainment

• Dr. Sears had a lot of children, many of them in the medical profession too. And the Dr. on the tv show the doctors....he is one of the son's of the original Dr. Sears, he followed in his fathers footsteps! He believes in AP, like his father who coined the term.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:39 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Dr. Jim Sears, & Dr. Robert Sears are Dr. WILLIAM Sears' sons
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It is business.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:37 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• http://www.askdrsears.com/
    TARARENEE

• There's also a Dr. Peter Sears (Dr. and Mrs. Sears have 8 children).
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:40 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Nice one Tererenee..I really don't know much about them although I think it is great that they are a family of doctors!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• REALLY? Well I knew that Dr. William Sears had 8 children but I guess I wasn't expecting his children to be grown already and in the public spotlight. It didn't even occur to me that they could be his sons. That makes sense. I just thought these doctors, (if they even were truly doctors) were riding on the coattails of the name.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I LOVE Dr. Jim!!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Me too, I love them all! I just wasn't sure if the doctors on "The Doctors" were all TRULY doctors, ya know? One of those "Ya can't believe everything you see/read/hear" things. Fascinating.
    Thanks ladies for enlightening me! :) It was just annoying every time I'd see another Dr. Sears who was a pediatrician. I was like, there's only ONE Dr. Sears.... :)
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2011